Oct. 23, 2016, 10:53 p.m.
Prior apologies for the long post, but here we go. I'm posting my summaries/highlights of the Jet to the Future event. When I have time, I'll do a full translation (given that I'm not beaten to it, I guess?).
**Rock the Beat!**
* DariNatsu got called in and told they’d get a unit song
* Both of them were like, “Oh…great, thanks!” then left the office and then went all, “YEAAAAAAH!!!!” Hilariously cute how they contained themselves until they left the producer’s office. Especially Riina.
**Rock ‘n’ Roll With Me**
* Lesson time for DariNatsu! Focus will be on dance and vocals.
* Both of them are singing really well. Hooray! No problems.
* Fast-forward to recording day. They meet the guy who wrote their song!
* They take turns recording, but end up complimenting each other to the songwriter while the other isn’t there.
* Writer [about Riina]: She looks great while singing, huh? She must love music.
Natsuki: Right? You should tell her.
Writer: That’s not my job.
* Writer [about Natsuki]: She’s got a nice voice.
Riina: Right? Natsukichi is the rockin’ best.
* Guitar part was actually a bit tough for Natsuki, but she’s gonna practice and they’re gonna be really rock!!!
* Another lesson today, for dance!
* Ryo’s all like, man, those two get along well.
* Trainer’s all like, gosh, those two are doing so well it’s almost scary. FORESHADOWING.
* TURNS OUT THEY HAD A BIG OL’ FIGHT. Kirari went off to get the Producer for help.
* Natsuki’s all, “Leave me alone for a while.”
* Flashback to what happened. Riina really wants to play the guitar for their performance too; she wants to split some of the practice time so she can learn the parts, but Natsuki disagrees. (She wants Natsuki to teach her so it’ll be faster.) Riina really wants to be a rockin’ unit; conversely, Natsuki is focused on being an idol unit as well, so she thinks it’s okay to have Riina not play. Things get heated… The last thing Riina says before storming off is that she wants to play for Natsuki’s sake… Natsuki lets Riina run off.
* Producer goes off to see Riina and basically helps her realize that there was a big gap in understanding because Natsuki wanted to be more of an idol group together with Riiina. She realizes she was kind of being selfish, not having asked Natsuki how she felt/what she wanted as a unit together. Riina also didn’t wanna lose to Natsuki…but now she’ll go have a proper talk with Natsuki. …Though she’s still not quite sure how to face Natsuki after that.
* Kirari advises just to apologize, just like she does when she gets in a fight with Anzu. AnKira plug! lmao
* Producer goes inside to get Natsuki, since Riina was kinda hesitant/didn’t know how to approach Natsuki.
**Wish You Were Here**
* Natsuki says they had a fight like kids…how uncool. She knows it’s because Riina wants to play the guitar, meanwhile she wants to be more idol-like…
* Producer asks why Natsuki thinks they fought. She says it’s probably because she hadn’t thought about Riina’s feelings. Producer asks about how Natsuki feels. She felt like it’d be better to try and be more idol-like than to rely on doing the usual rock gig… She felt like rock was really the only thing she could do; that it was her limit. But then she didn’t give thought to Riina. So the Producer tells Natsuki that Riina just wants to be rock *with Natsuki*. Natsuki calls herself an idiot when it clicks. Producer takes his leave, and Ryo comes in.
* I suppose I'm still a little unclear what Riina meant by "for Natsuki's sake," but I think it's because Riina was concerned for Natsuki's image too? So she wanted them to be the rock-est of the rock? lol
* Ryo points out that Natsuki really doesn’t like showing her uncool side to everyone lmfao. But she also says it might better like this (having the fight happen, I believe.) She says it’s okay to try and look cool on the surface…but is there a need to do that with Riina? Being open about everything to Riina would make the two of them closer, wouldn’t it? (GO RYO! Counseling…lol.)
**Take me with you [Warning: inexplicable levels of ship ahead)**
* Producer takes Natsuki and Riina to the seaside at night so they can talk it out. LMFAO Romantic much.
* Riina bursts into an apology to Natsuki and says she just wanted to be worthy of performing alongside Natsuki…but Natsuki’s all like whoa, whoa, HOLD IT.
* And then Natsuki goes into a talk about how she’s not as cool as Riina thinks. A story about her past, and how she nearly gave up on playing once in middle school (I think).
* “Riina… I’m not really the cool person you look up to. It was just an illusion.” NATSUKI CALLED RIINA BY HER ACTUAL NAMEEEEE
* Riina vehemently disagrees.
* “My partner Natsukichi isn’t uncool! Compared to me, who can’t really play the guitar and isn’t rock at all…”
* She also mentions how Natsuki has a lot of qualities that she herself doesn’t have.
* Natsuki: Thanks for the compliments. But you know, Riina, you have something that I don’t.
Natsuki: Someone to admire.
* Natsuki goes into a talk about how that affords Riina the strength to challenge herself and push forward/fight. It’s something that Natsuki lost at some point, and she didn’t even realize it. If she didn’t challenge herself, it’d be all over, right? But she always made Riina’s eyes sparkle… Natsuki doesn’t believe she’s really all that bright, so she tried not to lose to her image. She didn’t want to show Riina her weaker side.
* Warning, that’s how I understood it, but grammar might alter something… Need to check with friends.
* Natsuki: You disappointed?
Riina: That’s not true! My Natsukichi has been and will always be cool! Besides…
Riina: Now we can include trying to look cool as something that’s…us, right?
Natsuki: Pfft… Hahaha! “Us,” huh? You might just be right.
* "MY NATSUKICHI" GOODBYE I AM GONE THEY KILLED ME.
* Riina is basically calling both of them posers now. Help, my heart is dying.
* Natsuki apologizes for taking so long to talk to Riina about her real self.
* They thank the Producer. Natsuuki says she’ll help Riina with the guitar if she wants, but Riina says it’s okay; she doesn’t need to force it by playing the guitar. As long as it’s the two of them, they’ll be a rockin’ unit. Natsuki says okay, and that she’s counting on Riina to give a performance that only she can do.
* And here, they start again.
* REFERENCE TO TWILIGHT SKY’S LYRICS!!! GOTTA BE RIGHT???
And now I’m in my grave. Thanks a lot, Starlight Stage.
Also, I’m sure all the commu titles except the intro were references to rock songs. Possibly, but not definitely (since the titles are pretty generic for some):
* Rock ‘n’ Roll With Me - David Bowie
* Stay Together - Suede
* Wonderwall - Oasis
* Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
* Take Me With You - Prince
Disclaimer: Please correct me if I've mistranslated anything. I'm not perfect, after all. Heh. Just overexcited. :D